Ohio join many other states in seeing legislation introduced to bad the teaching of racist ideology such as Critical Race Theory. HB 322 reads, in part:
Sec. 3313.6028. (A) No state agency, school district, or school shall teach, instruct, or train any administrator, teacher, staff, member, or employee to adopt or believe any of the following concepts:
(1) One race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex;
(2) An individual, by virtue of the individual’s race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously;
(3) An individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of the individual’s race;
(4) Members of one race cannot or should not attempt to treat others without respect to race;
(5) An individual’s moral standing or worth is necessarily determined by the individual’s race or sex;
(6) An individual, by virtue of the individual’s race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex;
(7) An individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of the individual’s race or sex;
(8) Meritocracy or traits such as a hard work ethic are racist or sexist or were created by members of a particular race or sex to oppress members of another race or sex;
(9) Fault, blame, or bias should be assigned to a race or sex or to members of that race or sex because of their race or sex;
(10) The advent of slavery in the territory that is now the United States constituted the true founding of the United States;
(11) With respect to their relationship to American values, slavery and racism are anything other than deviations from, betrayals of, or failures to live up to the authentic founding principles of the United States, which include liberty and equality.
The full text, as introduced, can be read here or below.
Ohion HB 322 (2021) by ThePoliticalHat