It has been previously noted that the University of Michigan Black Student Union threatened “physical action” unless their “more-Left-than-Academics” demands were met, and how the university caved.
It turns out this was the first of many such threats of “physical action” unless their demands are met.
These demands are:
- Racial enrollment quotas for Black and Latino students to “at least 10 percent each”
- “Ensure that 47 percent of post-doctoral students are people of color”
- “Ban the use of ‘illegal aliens, illegal immigrants, wetback’ and any racially charged term””
- Mandate cultural competency and sensitivity training for professors
- “Ask staff/faculty to use students’ and employees’ preferred gender pronouns”
- Enroll more students in the country illegally (undocumented students); and provide them free legal assistance and financial aid
- Convert ethnic studies programs into full-fledged departments
- Incorporate into each department at least one queer studies class
- Increase the interdisciplinary academic focus on sexualities
- Enact curricular changes to force students to study social justice and marginalization in depth
- Provide gender-neutral bathrooms in every building on campus
- “Create a policy with serious consequences against hate speech/crimes”
- Create a policy penalizing and discriminating against students who use the Indian mascot
- Require school’s conservative paper give up “Dartmouth” name if they use term “Indian”
If history is a guide, Dartmouth will cave.