Won’t any one think of the cult indoctrinators educators? Rhode Island certainly is, including protecting teachers to indoctrinate as they see fit free from effective control of parents, principles, and school board. H7538 (2022) declares that teachers have a right to not be “upbraid[ed]” by not just parents and students, but “other citizens” as well.
(5) To not be subject to harassment, abusive language, and/or upbraiding by parents, other citizens, students and/or other school employees;
Oh, there are quips bout teachers not having to pay for classroom materials out of pocket, but between subsections like that there are those that declare their authority and opinion must be respected, that they can report throughcrime, and that they can they can’t be limited as teacher in “presenting and interpreting facts and ideas concerning people, human society, the physical and biological world, and other branches of learning”.
(13) To have their authority respected which is essential to creating an environment conducive to learning, effective instruction in the classroom, and proper administration of public schools;
(14) To have their professional judgment and discretion respected;
(15) To report any errant, offensive, or abusive content or behavior of students to school officials or appropriate agencies;
(16) To academic freedom which shall be guaranteed to employees, and no special limitations shall be placed upon study, investigation, presenting and interpreting facts and ideas concerning people, human society, the physical and biological world, and other branches of learning subject to accepted standards of professional responsibility;
Oh, and teachers rant and rave any opinion they want with “full freedom” afforded to them.
(18) To be afforded full freedom in expressing personal opinions on all matters relevant to course content, so long as the teacher makes every effort to indicate that they are speaking personally and not on behalf of the school, its administration, or the board;
Any bets this will protect a teacher from preaching about how White students are morally guilty just be existing or to push “transitioning” children… but not allow a teacher to say there are only two sexes?
The full text as introduced can be read here, or below: