The wokeness of Critical Race Theory indoctrination has gotten so bad that even some legislators in Rhode Island have introduced legislation against it. H 6070 reads, in part:
(a) For purposes of this section, divisive concepts shall mean and include the following 5 concepts:
(1) One race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex;
(2) The state of Rhode Island or the United States of America is fundamentally racist or sexist;
(3) An individual, by virtue of their race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously;
(4) An individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of their race or sex;
(5) Members of one race or sex cannot and should not attempt to treat others without respect 14 to race or sex;
(6) An individual’s moral character is necessarily determined by their race or sex;
(7) An individual, by virtue of their race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex;
(8) Any individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of their race or sex; or
(9) Meritocracy or traits such as hard work ethic are racist or sexist, or were created by a particular race to oppress another race;
(10) Divisive concepts includes any other form of race or sex stereotyping of any other form of race or sex scapegoating:
(i) “Race or sex stereotyping” means ascribing character traits, values, moral and ethical codes, privileges, status, or beliefs to a race or sex or to an individual because of their race or sex;
(ii) “Race or sex scapegoating” means assigning fault, blame, or bias to a race or sex, or to members of a race or sex because of their race or sex and similarly encompasses any claim that any 9 particular race or sex is responsible for society’s ills.
The full bill can be found here or read below:
Hat Tip: Alex Munguia.